Uncle Sam Pin (or Neckerchief Slide)
Pin on a patriotic face that's sure to stand out in any Fourth of July crowd.
What you'll need
- White craft foam
- Wooden craft spoon
- Googly eyes
- Cotton balls
- Self-adhesive pinback
How to make it
- To make one, cut out a basic Uncle Sam-style hat (about 2
inches tall and 1 inch wide) from white craft foam.
- Use markers to color the brim blue and to draw red stripes on
- Glue the hat to the handle of a wooden craft spoon (if
necessary, first use scissors to trim the wooden handle so that it's
shorter than the hat).
- Glue on googly eyes and a cotton ball beard, then draw on a
small L-shaped nose.
- Attach a self-adhesive pinback (sold at many craft and bead
stores), and your Uncle Sam pin is ready to wear.
One song can spark a moment,
one flower can wake the dream.
One tree can start a forest,
one bird can herald spring.
One vote can change a nation,
one sunbeam lights a room.
One candle wipes out darkness,
one laugh will conquer gloom.
One step must start each journey,
one word must start a prayer.
One hope will raise our spirits,
one touch can show we care.
One voice can speak with wisdom,
one heart can know what’s true.
One life can make a difference,
that difference starts with you.