Tuesday, November 13, 2018

A Well-Trained Leader

Several years ago I was asked to provide a list of steps and a timeline for cub scout leaders to become well-trained. Recently at Roundtable somebody asked just such a question, so I am bringing this forward again. I did my best to put together a list as requested.  Get excited for knowing where to get training, not overwhelmed for the list. Just start at the top and work your way down, like a checklist.

Akela's Council is only offered in the Utah National Parks Council, and I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest attending, no matter how new or how seasoned you are in Cub Scouting, as well as no matter what District, Council, or state you live!!! Akela's Council would be described as a Woodbadge specifically focusing on actually presenting Cub Scouts.  (It is being considered by National BSA as official, but is still in the process of being watched similar to a pilot program.)

No comments:

Post a Comment