Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Eagle can


Okay, many people have been asking questions about the Eagle Can. So here is the idea.
Take a #10, which can be purchased at the LDS Lindon Cannery for about 90cents and then
10 cents for the lid. Then you can rent the sealer from the cannery, Free rental.
Decorate the can and put the CubScout Name on the lid. Inside the can, well at least inside this can, is a letter from the CubScout's parent, bishop, den leader, and cub master. There is a poem and a small token/trinket.

The idea is that the Cub Scout receives this can but can not open it. There are only two conditions where the boy can open it; 1. if the Boy receives his Eagle or 2. if the Boy graduates from High school.
On the top of the can it says: " I CAN! I CAN! I CAN get my Eagle and when I do I CAN open my CAN."

Then at your Blue and Gold EVERY boy receives his can.
And that way you recognize EVERY boy.

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love it- being from Ohio, I am not sure where to source the cans or canner to complete the project but I would love to do it for my Son's tiger den.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always go online and order paint cans and use them.

    ReplyDelete